‘Exploding battery’ causes fire at house in Norwich

Two crews of firefighters were sent to the scene.

Two crews of firefighters were sent to the scene. - Credit: Archant

An exploding battery has been blamed for a fire in a house in Norwich.

Two crews of firefighters were called the property in Eleanor Road, behind City College in Norwich, at 4.24pm.

It was reported that the fire was started by a model battery exploding.

Paramedics treated a man in his 60s, but he was not believed to have serious injuries.

The incident was declared over at 4.50pm, and firefighters have been damping the scene down.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus