Search

'Exploding battery' causes fire at house in Norwich

PUBLISHED: 17:29 05 September 2014 | UPDATED: 17:29 05 September 2014

Two crews of firefighters were sent to the scene.

Two crews of firefighters were sent to the scene.

Archant

An exploding battery has been blamed for a fire in a house in Norwich.

Two crews of firefighters were called the property in Eleanor Road, behind City College in Norwich, at 4.24pm.

It was reported that the fire was started by a model battery exploding.

Paramedics treated a man in his 60s, but he was not believed to have serious injuries.

The incident was declared over at 4.50pm, and firefighters have been damping the scene down.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Norwich Evening News

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists