‘Exceptional’ turn out for Wymondham Saleroom’s first auction
An Aladdin's Cave of second hand goods went under the hammer yesterday following the launch of Norfolk's newest auction house.
Wymondham Salerooms, based at an industrial estate off the B1172, hosted its inaugural weekly auction after its official opening last week.
It was standing room only as scores of people packed into the saleroom keen to snap up about 600 lots, which included an assortment of items from second hand vinyl to grandfather clocks, from framed pictures to two giant horse sculptures.
Auctioneer Matt Wilkins said: 'We had an expectionally good turnout and the results were excellent - beyond our expectations. The bulk of the lots sold and sold very well.'
He added: 'We've had an awful lot of reaction. We had about 300 people turn up to the viewing which is quite unusual but is also a sign that this is something which Wymondham has frankly needed for sometime.'
The new enterprise can be found at the Great Expectations Business Park, in Suton, just south of Wymondham.
Items are already coming in for its second sale due to be held on Wednesday from 10am. The auction house has also announced it will hold its first art, antiques and collectables sale on March 19.
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 5 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 6 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 7 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 Bread Source confirms location of new store
- 10 'I thought it was a prank' - Steak house nominated for UK's best restaurant
For more information, call 0844 358 1755 or visit www.wymondhamsalerooms.com