‘Exceptional’ turn out for Wymondham Saleroom’s first auction
An Aladdin's Cave of second hand goods went under the hammer yesterday following the launch of Norfolk's newest auction house.
Wymondham Salerooms, based at an industrial estate off the B1172, hosted its inaugural weekly auction after its official opening last week.
It was standing room only as scores of people packed into the saleroom keen to snap up about 600 lots, which included an assortment of items from second hand vinyl to grandfather clocks, from framed pictures to two giant horse sculptures.
Auctioneer Matt Wilkins said: 'We had an expectionally good turnout and the results were excellent - beyond our expectations. The bulk of the lots sold and sold very well.'
He added: 'We've had an awful lot of reaction. We had about 300 people turn up to the viewing which is quite unusual but is also a sign that this is something which Wymondham has frankly needed for sometime.'
You may also want to watch:
The new enterprise can be found at the Great Expectations Business Park, in Suton, just south of Wymondham.
Items are already coming in for its second sale due to be held on Wednesday from 10am. The auction house has also announced it will hold its first art, antiques and collectables sale on March 19.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 4 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 9 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 10 Government could 'relax' lockdown before mid-February
For more information, call 0844 358 1755 or visit www.wymondhamsalerooms.com