Example offers free gig ticket to fan that got 'trampled on' at Sundown
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Rapper Example has offered a free ticket to his upcoming Norwich show to a fan that had to be pulled out of the crowd at Sundown Festival.
Example, whose hits include Changed the Way You Kiss Me and Stay Awake, performed on the main stage on Saturday afternoon at the Norfolk Showground.
But a few people at the front of the crowd needed to ask for assistance during the set.
Example posted a message he received from a festival-goer's mum on his Instagram story. It said: "Hey my daughter was at Sundown last night at the front and her and her friends got trampled on.
"She said you stopped and asked if anyone was hurt. Not many would do that so thank you!
"She got out over the railings, but missed the rest of the set and her favourite tracks.
"She was terrified but said you were awesome. Keep being you."
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 7 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
Example then replied to the woman and wrote: "I wasn't going to start the music again until everyone was definitely okay to continue.
"I hope she's okay. She can come to my Norwich show for free in Feb for free. Remind me nearer the time."
A spokesman for Sundown Festival said: "During a lively segment of Example’s set at Sundown, the artist waited for a minute or two while security staff helped four people to come out of the crowd, over the front security barrier.
"While we understand this can look dramatic and would have felt uncomfortable for the small number of people involved, there was neither a crowd collapse or the need for a formal show-stop response.
"Both Sundown staff and the artist’s team made sure fans were safe before the show resumed.
"We are grateful to Example and all the artists at Sundown for supporting our team to ensure the welfare of everyone at the festival this weekend."
Currently there are no Example shows scheduled for Norwich, so he looks set set to announce a 2021 tour soon.
Click here to see if you can spot yourself in our Sundown Festival gallery.