Evening News announces which community groups will get a slice of £50,000 Comic Relief cash
- Credit: Archant
Today the Norwich Evening News can announce which community groups have been awarded their chunk £50,000 of Comic Relief cash.
The golden pot of money, distributed by Norwich Evening News, in association with the Norfolk Community Foundation and Comic relief, will see a total of almost 60 groups awarded grants of up to £1000.
This cash injection will help the grassroot level groups continue to help those who need it most in the community.
Many different organisations will benefit from the cash boost including children's clubs, youth projects and international groups.
Workers reaching out to people living with dementia, helping to relieve carers and giving aid to homeless will also be in receipt of the cash grants.
You may also want to watch:
Very often these groups are run by volunteers who rely on charity money and donations to carry on doing the outstanding work they do in all reaches of our city.
Gilly Green, head of UK grants for Comic Relief, said: 'This is the sixth time we have offered Community Cash grants to groups across Norwich, and as ever we received a very high standard of applications. We know that the most effective change to people's lives comes from within their own communities, and it is a privilege to be able to support some of this vital work.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 50,000 home plans go ahead but issues remain
- 9 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
Jenny Bevan, grants manager for Norfolk Community Foundation, said: 'Community Cash is a great way to get funding out into those communities in Norwich that need it most. It's a much needed boost to local groups and shows what a big difference a small grant can really make. Community Cash provides great opportunities to help not only existing community groups develop and grow, but also helps important new projects to get off the ground.'