Entertaining our streets - buskers from over the years
- Credit: Archant Library
For many years musicians have taken to the streets to entertain the people of Norwich. Here is a selection of some of the buskers in full glory.
1. The City Waites appearing at St Andrews Hall on the weekend as part of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival on the 19th October 1991.
2. James Ruddy (left) and Ollie Day (right) with the winner of the EEN buskers competition, Jon sayer on the 18th August 1988.
3. People enjoying the sunshine and music on London Street as Norwich buskers kept the crowds amused with a tune or two on the 7th September 1992.
4. Clive Trenton of Fleggburgh busking in Norwich on the 24th December 1991.
You may also want to watch:
5. Broccoli, the busking clown, who had the whole of The Walk swinging around 1989.
6. The 1987 winners of the Norwich Evening News busking competition - the Flowery Rag Quartet opening the 1988 competition.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 4 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 9 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
7. Buskers, Matthew Perrement, Jack Matthew and Dominic Hopkins entertaining shoppers on London Street in Norwich on the 20th July 1990.
8. Keef Looney playing his way towards the EEN Busker of the Year.
9. The winner of the EEN Buskers Competition, John Sayer busking in Norwich on the 18th August 1988.
10. Performing are second place holders of the EEN Buskers competition, the Benson Brothers on the 18th August 1988.
11. A scene from the Norwich Evening News buskers' competition, 1985 at the Whiffler Theatre.