Entertaining our streets - buskers from over the years
- Credit: Archant Library
For many years musicians have taken to the streets to entertain the people of Norwich. Here is a selection of some of the buskers in full glory.
1. The City Waites appearing at St Andrews Hall on the weekend as part of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival on the 19th October 1991.
2. James Ruddy (left) and Ollie Day (right) with the winner of the EEN buskers competition, Jon sayer on the 18th August 1988.
3. People enjoying the sunshine and music on London Street as Norwich buskers kept the crowds amused with a tune or two on the 7th September 1992.
4. Clive Trenton of Fleggburgh busking in Norwich on the 24th December 1991.
You may also want to watch:
5. Broccoli, the busking clown, who had the whole of The Walk swinging around 1989.
6. The 1987 winners of the Norwich Evening News busking competition - the Flowery Rag Quartet opening the 1988 competition.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
7. Buskers, Matthew Perrement, Jack Matthew and Dominic Hopkins entertaining shoppers on London Street in Norwich on the 20th July 1990.
8. Keef Looney playing his way towards the EEN Busker of the Year.
9. The winner of the EEN Buskers Competition, John Sayer busking in Norwich on the 18th August 1988.
10. Performing are second place holders of the EEN Buskers competition, the Benson Brothers on the 18th August 1988.
11. A scene from the Norwich Evening News buskers' competition, 1985 at the Whiffler Theatre.