Entertainers needed for Norwich summer fair
Peter WalshBosses of a city shopping quarter have issued a plea for entertainers to help make a summer fair a fun event for all the family.Peter Walsh
Bosses of a city shopping quarter have issued a plea for entertainers to help make a summer fair a fun event for all the family.
The Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre will run from 11am until 5pm on Sunday 11th July and organisers are looking for entertainers - be they samba dancers, stilt walkers, poets, or musicians - to help make it a memorable day for everyone.
The fun family event celebrates the unique area that is Norwich Lanes and includes a chance to sample the area's unique shopping diversity and arts culture.
The event will take place throughout Norwich Lanes and include stalls selling vintage clothes, handmade crafts and foods along the length of St. Benedict's Street.
St. Gregory's Green will play host to acoustic music, comedy, circus acts and poetry recitals throughout the day with ice-cream, food stalls and refreshments and cushions aplenty to enjoy the entertainment.
Venues in the immediate area including the Arts Centre, the Birdcage, St. Gregory's Church, the Rumsey Wells, the Ten Bells and the Bicycle shop will have a co-ordinated schedule of entertainment such as dance, live music, barbeques, story-tellers and exhibitions.
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 5 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 6 Inconsiderate dog owners leave wheelchair-bound woman to clean up foul mess
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 9 Can you spot yourself at the Ball & Boe gig at Earlham Park?
- 10 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
If you can offer any help, or are an entertainer/performer who would like to be involved call 07891 570574, or visit email@example.com .
If you would like to have a stall at the event, the cost is �30 (�20 for Norwich Lanes members), contact 01603 613184