Norwich ice cream makers deliver new festive flavour
- Credit: Submitted by Lakenham Creamery
An ice cream makers in Norwich has teamed up with a Norfolk whisky company to create a flavour with a splash of festive cheer.
An ice cream maker in Norwich has teamed up with a Norfolk whisky company to create a flavour with a splash of festive cheer.
Lakenham Creamery has collaborated with The English Whisky Company at St George's Distillery, Roudham, to produce a new ice cream flavour just in time for Christmas indulgence.
Chris Coughlan, owner of Lakenham Creamery – which has been established in Norwich since 1921 - was displaying his products at Bakers and Larners in Holt during the summer when he spotted the Norfolk NOG, a blend of English malt whisky and cream, on The English Whisky Co stand.
'I had already been thinking about a new ice cream for the Christmas season,' said Mr Coughlan. 'One taste of the Norfolk NOG was enough to convince me this was the direction we needed to go in.'
You may also want to watch:
Katy Nelstrop, of The English Whisky Co, said: 'The ice cream is spot on, reflecting the creaminess and smooth texture of our Norfolk NOG made with our English single malt whisky.'
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 8 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme