Woman rescued from river in centre of Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A woman had to be rescued from the river in the centre of Norwich.
Emergency services were called to reports of someone in difficulty in the water at shortly before 5pm on Friday, July 17.
The woman was seen in the water close to Quayside.
Police and the fire service attended after it was reported the woman could not get out of the river.
Fire crews and the technical rescue unit including the rescue boat were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police used saving equipment to retrieve the woman safely from the water.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police