Elvis Costello to headline Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Elvis Costello and The Imposters have been confirmed as the sixth and final headline act at this summer's concerts in Thetford Forest.
Elvis Costello is considered to be one of the most important singer-songwriters to surface from the punk/new wave era of the late 1970s/early 1980s.
With absorbing lyrics and memorable tunes set to his distinctive vocal, he has generated a songbook of classic material including Alison, Watching The Detectives, Pump It Up, Oliver's Army, I Can't Stand Up (For Falling Down), Accidents Will Happen, Pills And Soap and Veronica as well as his timeless cover of 'Good Year For The Roses'.
Ever evolving in his musical output, a stream of top five albums like Armed Forces, Get Happy!!, Almost Blue, Imperial Bedroom, Punch The Clock, Spike and Brutal Youth have ensured a formidable chart presence both sides of the Atlantic in a career spanning over 35 years.
Elvis will be performing on July 13, joining a line-up of Thetford concerts that also includes James (June 13), Blondie (June 15) and already sold-out dates by Paloma Faith (June 14), The Script (July 11) and Paul Weller (July 12).
You may also want to watch:
t Elvis Costello and The Imposters tickets, priced £39 (subject to booking fee, go on sale at 9am on March 22 via 03000 680400 or at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 9 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle