Elvis Costello to headline Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Elvis Costello and The Imposters have been confirmed as the sixth and final headline act at this summer's concerts in Thetford Forest.
Elvis Costello is considered to be one of the most important singer-songwriters to surface from the punk/new wave era of the late 1970s/early 1980s.
With absorbing lyrics and memorable tunes set to his distinctive vocal, he has generated a songbook of classic material including Alison, Watching The Detectives, Pump It Up, Oliver's Army, I Can't Stand Up (For Falling Down), Accidents Will Happen, Pills And Soap and Veronica as well as his timeless cover of 'Good Year For The Roses'.
Ever evolving in his musical output, a stream of top five albums like Armed Forces, Get Happy!!, Almost Blue, Imperial Bedroom, Punch The Clock, Spike and Brutal Youth have ensured a formidable chart presence both sides of the Atlantic in a career spanning over 35 years.
Elvis will be performing on July 13, joining a line-up of Thetford concerts that also includes James (June 13), Blondie (June 15) and already sold-out dates by Paloma Faith (June 14), The Script (July 11) and Paul Weller (July 12).
You may also want to watch:
t Elvis Costello and The Imposters tickets, priced £39 (subject to booking fee, go on sale at 9am on March 22 via 03000 680400 or at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich