Electric car puts pupils on the road to learning
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Pupils at a Costessey primary school were treated to a lesson with a difference when they spent the day learning about an electric car.
Queens Hill Primary School and Nursery youngsters were given a guided tour of the vehicle and explanation behind how it is different to a fuel car.
Inclusion leader at the school, Chris Georgiou, organised for the car to be lent to the school – from Robinsons Motor Group on Barker Street in Norwich – as part of an ongoing school programme.
Mr Georgiou said: 'The science and technology involved in the car supports our current 'light-bulb moment' curriculum theme that our children are passionately studying across the school.
'At Queen's Hill Primary we make every effort to inspire our children and to accelerate their learning - bringing an electric vehicle in to school supported our aims in this respect.'
You may also want to watch:
The children were taught how the electric cars have been engineered to be safe for the environment. And they were given practical lessons with it – for instance, comparing cost per mile of electric to petrol.
Mr Georgiou added: 'The day was absolutely fantastic. The children had a variety of interesting questions and just as many great ideas.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 50,000 home plans go ahead but issues remain
- 9 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
Nine-year-old Sophie Perkins said: 'I think it is amazing that the car can do 100 miles on just one charge.'
Oscar Haden added: 'The car was so awesome – I wish I had one.'
Have you got a story to tell? Or do you know someone who is fundraising? Email email@example.com or call 01603 772684.