Electric car puts pupils on the road to learning
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Pupils at a Costessey primary school were treated to a lesson with a difference when they spent the day learning about an electric car.
Queens Hill Primary School and Nursery youngsters were given a guided tour of the vehicle and explanation behind how it is different to a fuel car.
Inclusion leader at the school, Chris Georgiou, organised for the car to be lent to the school – from Robinsons Motor Group on Barker Street in Norwich – as part of an ongoing school programme.
Mr Georgiou said: 'The science and technology involved in the car supports our current 'light-bulb moment' curriculum theme that our children are passionately studying across the school.
'At Queen's Hill Primary we make every effort to inspire our children and to accelerate their learning - bringing an electric vehicle in to school supported our aims in this respect.'
You may also want to watch:
The children were taught how the electric cars have been engineered to be safe for the environment. And they were given practical lessons with it – for instance, comparing cost per mile of electric to petrol.
Mr Georgiou added: 'The day was absolutely fantastic. The children had a variety of interesting questions and just as many great ideas.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 5 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 9 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey
- 10 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
Nine-year-old Sophie Perkins said: 'I think it is amazing that the car can do 100 miles on just one charge.'
Oscar Haden added: 'The car was so awesome – I wish I had one.'
Have you got a story to tell? Or do you know someone who is fundraising? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772684.