Elderly Norwich man burgled by couple
Ben KendallAn elderly man was burgled by a couple who pretended they needed a glass of water.A man called at the man's house in Harry Perry Close, Norwich, at about 6.Ben Kendall
An elderly man was burgled by a couple who pretended they needed a glass of water.
A man called at the man's house in Harry Perry Close, Norwich, at about 6.30pm on Monday and asked for the water for his pregnant wife. When the victim agreed, the man and woman followed him into the property.
The woman went to the kitchen for the glass of water while the man went into the lounge area and stole a wallet containing cash. Both then left the premises.
The man was white, tanned, 28 to 30 years old, 5ft 10ins and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was white, 26 to 27 years old, 5ft 7ins and wearing a blue and white striped dress.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information in relation to the suspects.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 4 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 5 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 6 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 7 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Norwich woman's new cookie company has 'gone crazy'
- 10 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
Contact Det Con Carly Belcher at Bethel Street CID on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.