Elderly Norwich man burgled by couple
Ben KendallAn elderly man was burgled by a couple who pretended they needed a glass of water.A man called at the man's house in Harry Perry Close, Norwich, at about 6.Ben Kendall
An elderly man was burgled by a couple who pretended they needed a glass of water.
A man called at the man's house in Harry Perry Close, Norwich, at about 6.30pm on Monday and asked for the water for his pregnant wife. When the victim agreed, the man and woman followed him into the property.
The woman went to the kitchen for the glass of water while the man went into the lounge area and stole a wallet containing cash. Both then left the premises.
The man was white, tanned, 28 to 30 years old, 5ft 10ins and of medium build.
The woman was white, 26 to 27 years old, 5ft 7ins and wearing a blue and white striped dress.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information in relation to the suspects.
- 1 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops
- 4 Restaurant loses walk-in trade after months of roadworks
- 5 Norwich family heart-broken to find charity plants stolen
- 6 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 7 Three-vehicle crash closes part of A47 near Norwich
- 8 Teenager holding knife chases boy along city road
- 9 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 10 Revealed: All the city road closures for Run Norwich
Contact Det Con Carly Belcher at Bethel Street CID on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.