Elderly Norwich man burgled by couple
Ben KendallAn elderly man was burgled by a couple who pretended they needed a glass of water.A man called at the man's house in Harry Perry Close, Norwich, at about 6.Ben Kendall
An elderly man was burgled by a couple who pretended they needed a glass of water.
A man called at the man's house in Harry Perry Close, Norwich, at about 6.30pm on Monday and asked for the water for his pregnant wife. When the victim agreed, the man and woman followed him into the property.
The woman went to the kitchen for the glass of water while the man went into the lounge area and stole a wallet containing cash. Both then left the premises.
The man was white, tanned, 28 to 30 years old, 5ft 10ins and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was white, 26 to 27 years old, 5ft 7ins and wearing a blue and white striped dress.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information in relation to the suspects.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 3 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 4 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
Contact Det Con Carly Belcher at Bethel Street CID on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.