Youngsters and adults get competitive at Scalextric at Norwich shopping centre
Plates could be seen spinning around while cars whizzed around an oversized track as a Norwich shopping centre helped to keep youngsters entertained this half term break.
Chapelfield shopping centre yesterday held a range of free activities for children including a giant Scalextric challenge and circus workshops.
The circus workshops, run by Mr Jugglefun and held in Chapelfield Plain, saw youngsters learn juggling skills, how to walk on stilts and do tricks with a diabolo.
Meanwhile, children and adults could show their competitive spirit as they raced cars around the 16ft by 8ft six lane Scalextric track inside the shopping centre.
Mr Jugglefun, who was joined by Mrs Jugglefun, said: 'We teach the children how to juggle with clubs and balls, spin plates and use Chinese ribbons - they love it.
You may also want to watch:
'We get children of all ages and something for all of them and adults to do. We've been lucky with the weather which has meant we could be outside.'
Youngsters also had the opportunity to get their faces painted by a face painting artist and get creative at a craft workshop.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 5 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 6 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 7 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 8 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
Last night, audiences were able to enjoy Kenneth MacMillan's three-act ballet Manon shown live from the Royal Opera House on the big screen at Chapelfield Plain.
Sheridan Smith, marketing manager at Chapelfield, said: 'It's been great to see our customers really enjoying the free half term activities at Chapelfield.
'We knew that the giant Scalextric Challenge would appeal to children, but it has attracted a surprising amount of rather competitive adults today too.
'Though when it comes to learning new circus skills, like juggling and stilt walking with Mr and Mrs Jugglefun, the younger generation definitely win hands down.'
Are you hosting an event for children this half term holiday? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org