College staff and students isolating after Covid cases confirmed
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
An academy trust has taken action to isolate students and staff following positive cases of coronavirus at one of its schools.
Sapientia Education Trust said it had been advised by Public Health England (PHE) that there had been two confirmed cases of Covid-19 at Wymondham College.
They are a member of staff and a student in Year 9.
The college, which has 1,407 students who are both day and boarding school pupils, remains open and pupils are continuing to attend as normal unless they display symptoms or have been notified that they should self-isolate.
Jonathan Taylor, CEO of Sapientia Education Trust, said: “In accordance with DfE and PHE guidelines a number of students and staff are now self-isolating, which includes both boarders and day pupils who have been identified as close contacts or are in the same household.
You may also want to watch:
“Full, remote learning is being provided for students not in school. We are in close contact with PHE and continue to follow their advice and also DfE guidance.”
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 5 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 6 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 9 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 10 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop