Video and photo gallery: Hard work pays off as young people put on summer show at the Open in Norwich
Months of hard work and dedication from 80 young people culminated in a special summer show at the Open venue in Norwich.
Last night's show included live performances in dance, musical theatre, drama and circus skills, staged in
front of civic dignitaries.
All the young people taking part are frequent users of
the facilities at Open and have been actively involved in all stages of the event, from deciding the theme of the showcase to performing on the night.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley Gerrard, Open spokesman, said: 'It was very well received. There was a lot of positive feedback from everyone who turned up.
'The young people really enjoyed themselves.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
'For the parents, it was the culmination of months of seeing their children grow and blossom.
'There were some very moving testimonials from a couple of young people who explained exactly what Open means to them. That hammered home the message of why Open is here in Norwich.'