Video and photo gallery: Hard work pays off as young people put on summer show at the Open in Norwich
Months of hard work and dedication from 80 young people culminated in a special summer show at the Open venue in Norwich.
Last night's show included live performances in dance, musical theatre, drama and circus skills, staged in
front of civic dignitaries.
All the young people taking part are frequent users of
the facilities at Open and have been actively involved in all stages of the event, from deciding the theme of the showcase to performing on the night.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley Gerrard, Open spokesman, said: 'It was very well received. There was a lot of positive feedback from everyone who turned up.
'The young people really enjoyed themselves.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 4 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 8 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
'For the parents, it was the culmination of months of seeing their children grow and blossom.
'There were some very moving testimonials from a couple of young people who explained exactly what Open means to them. That hammered home the message of why Open is here in Norwich.'