Teen becomes culinary queen
A teenager earned her school hundreds of pounds after she went head-to-head with fellow budding chefs.
Culinary kings and queens from four high schools in Broadland – Hellesdon, Reepham, Sprowston and Thorpe St Andrew – were challenged to spend no more than �10 on sourcing the very best of local ingredients and serve up a plate of food worthy of being crowned the Teen Cuisine champ of Broadland.
The youngsters served up their dishes at Broadland District Council's eco-training centre at Rackheath.
Jessica Fielder, 15, from Eastgate, who attends Reepham High School, was declared the winner for her recipe of Chinese five spice honey turkey breasts.
She was awarded �500 to be spent on the food technology department at Reepham High School and �50 worth of vouchers from the Kitchenary Cook Shop at Taverham Garden Centre for herself.
You may also want to watch:
The runners-up, Alex Philpott, 14, from Thorpe St Andrew High, Perry Clements, 15, from Hellesdon High, and Eleanor Thwaites, 14, from Sprowston High, each received �20 worth of vouchers from the Kitchenary Cook Shop.
Pictured above, left to right, are Perry, Alex, Jessica and Eleanor.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 4 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 5 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 8 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 9 Axe for Norwich Tourist Information Centre as closure announced
- 10 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park