Tasty treats on the menu at Norwich academy
Year seven pupils from City Academy Norwich were cooking with confidence on Monday as they rustled up a traditional Christmas roast for the school community.
As part of the academy's work to make the students think about their place in the community and what they can do for themselves and others, they worked all year towards the feast.
'It's about giving them the confidence to do things in the adult world,' said Linda Roberts, head of Design Technology.
'It's a way of giving our students something to aim for, to work towards a celebratory end.
'It helps their self esteem and confidence massively.'
You may also want to watch:
The academy, on Earlham Road, specialises in Design Technology and English.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 8 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 9 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 10 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
Photo: Denise Bradley