Tasty treats on the menu at Norwich academy
Year seven pupils from City Academy Norwich were cooking with confidence on Monday as they rustled up a traditional Christmas roast for the school community.
As part of the academy's work to make the students think about their place in the community and what they can do for themselves and others, they worked all year towards the feast.
'It's about giving them the confidence to do things in the adult world,' said Linda Roberts, head of Design Technology.
'It's a way of giving our students something to aim for, to work towards a celebratory end.
'It helps their self esteem and confidence massively.'
You may also want to watch:
The academy, on Earlham Road, specialises in Design Technology and English.
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 6 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 10 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
Photo: Denise Bradley