Successful national drama scheme opens around Norwich
A successful national drama scheme has begun in Norfolk with the aim of improving local children's confidence and communication skills.
The Helen O'Grady Drama Academy is now operating in the Norwich area for children aged between five and 12 years of age.
The aim of the Academy is to provide children with a self-development programme, designed to increase their confidence, self-esteem, communicative ability and creative talents, through a carefully constructed, progressive drama syllabus.
Classes cover speech, movement, creative drama, language development and studio productions in a fun environment.
In the UK there are currently 50 branches of the Academy operating, providing lessons for more than 15,000 children nationwide.
You may also want to watch:
Gill Prins is the principal of the Academy in Norwich. Originally from South Africa, Gill is a qualified teacher having taught children aged 5-17 over a period of 26 years.
The group is at The Costessey Centre on Mondays between 4-5pm, on Tuesdays it is at St Cuthbert's Church hall in Sprowston between 4-5pm and on Wednesdays Thorpe Marriott Village Hall is the venue, again between 4-5pm.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
Thursdays are held at the Dussindale Centre between 4.30-5.30pm, Brundall Memorial Hall hosts Friday's class between 4-5pm and on Saturday mornings, between 10-11am, the group is at Hoveton Youth Centre.
To find out more about the programme call 01603 748929, email Norwich@helenogrady.co.uk or visit www.helenogrady.co.uk