Students urged to claim TV licence refund
- Credit: AP
Students have been reminded they may be able to claim a £36.67 refund on their TV licence.
Those who bought a TV licence at the start of the academic year will have a full three months remaining on their licence, and refunds can be claimed for unused quarters.
TV Licensing encouraged them to take advantage of the refund on the final unused quarter, and said the saving could pay for a ticket to a gig, a return train ticket to a festival, half of a return flight to Berlin, or a night out to celebrate the end of exams.
To be eligible, students need to have a TV licence, be leaving their halls or rented accommodation, and be moving to a licensed address.
Mark Binnersley, spokesperson for TV Licensing in East Anglia, said: 'The student refund is brilliant news for students and we encourage those who bought their licence at the start of the academic year to take advantage of it.
You may also want to watch:
'We want to help students understand the law when it comes to watching live TV on any device and help them avoid a fine of up to £1,000. Reminding them about the refund is part of knowing when you do and don't need a licence.'
Most students would need to buy a TV licence at the beginning of term in October in order to allow enough time at the end of the year to qualify for a refund.
- 1 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
A colour TV licence currently costs £145.50, and a black and white licence is £49.
To arrange a refund, or for further information, simply visit: www.tvlicensing.co.uk/studentinfo, or call TV Licensing on 0300 790 6113.