Students to take over running of Norwich hotel
Students from Norwich will be taking over the running of a major hotel in the city to put their skills to the ultimate test next week.
The hospitality and catering students from City College Norwich will be participating in the annual two-day 'takeover' of the Holiday Inn Norwich North, on Cromer Road, on February 1.
Head of the Hotel, Hair and Beauty School at City College Norwich, Steve Thorpe said: 'The aim of the takeover is to give our students real experience of working in a hotel as they prepare for careers in the exciting world of hospitality and catering.'
Around 70 students will undertake all of the key roles and responsibilities associated with running a major four-star hotel, including reception duties, housekeeping, food preparation and service and general management of the hotel.
The hotel's staff will also be on hand to oversee the students and give them the benefit of their experience.
You may also want to watch:
The takeover will culminate in a gala dinner and charity auction in the Lancaster Suite on February 2, when students will cater for up to 300 guests to help raise funds for Hospitality Action, the charity which helps hospitality people fallen on hard times.
Devin Grosse, general manager of the Holiday Inn Norwich North, said: 'We have always had strong links with the City College Hotel School, including sponsoring an award at the school's annual awards ceremony, as well as employing many of their graduates.'
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Scam account tries to tempt Primark shoppers with fake giveaway
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
Tickets for the charity gala dinner starting at 7pm, are available from City College Norwich on 01603 773227.
Are you hosting an event at your school? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.