Students to take over running of Norwich hotel
Students from Norwich will be taking over the running of a major hotel in the city to put their skills to the ultimate test next week.
The hospitality and catering students from City College Norwich will be participating in the annual two-day 'takeover' of the Holiday Inn Norwich North, on Cromer Road, on February 1.
Head of the Hotel, Hair and Beauty School at City College Norwich, Steve Thorpe said: 'The aim of the takeover is to give our students real experience of working in a hotel as they prepare for careers in the exciting world of hospitality and catering.'
Around 70 students will undertake all of the key roles and responsibilities associated with running a major four-star hotel, including reception duties, housekeeping, food preparation and service and general management of the hotel.
The hotel's staff will also be on hand to oversee the students and give them the benefit of their experience.
You may also want to watch:
The takeover will culminate in a gala dinner and charity auction in the Lancaster Suite on February 2, when students will cater for up to 300 guests to help raise funds for Hospitality Action, the charity which helps hospitality people fallen on hard times.
Devin Grosse, general manager of the Holiday Inn Norwich North, said: 'We have always had strong links with the City College Hotel School, including sponsoring an award at the school's annual awards ceremony, as well as employing many of their graduates.'
- 1 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 10 Pasta and cocktails bar opens in Norwich
Tickets for the charity gala dinner starting at 7pm, are available from City College Norwich on 01603 773227.
Are you hosting an event at your school? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.