Stoke Holy Cross schoolgirl leaves with 100pc attendance record
A super-healthy girl from Stoke Holy Cross has left her secondary school with a very impressive attendance record - she has never had a day off sick there or at her previous primary school.
Annabel Williams, who will be 16 on Wednesday, July 20, left Framingham Earl High School on Friday, July 1.
She attended Stoke Holy Cross Primary School before that, and at a rough estimate must have spent in total more than 2,000 days at school without being sick once.
She said: 'I don't know why I have never been off school sick, but I'm healthy and I never get ill.'
Mum Sally Williams attributed part of her daughter's achievement to her enjoying life to the full and always being happy with a smile on her face, but she added that the whole family was very healthy.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'Annabel's brother and sister Lee and Lucy also never had a day off sick when they were at school, apart from us taking them on holiday when they were at primary school.'
Next up for the teenager is a two-year college course studying beauty therapy, and she hopes one day to own her own salon.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 5 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 6 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 7 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash
Last year she was a top 20 finalist in the Kerri Parker Teen Model of the Year competition, set up by the Norfolk model.
Framingham Earl School headteacher Nicola Furneaux said: 'We do have a very good attendance record overall here at school, but this is something very special. She has to be thoroughly congratulated on her achievement, and I'm delighted for her.
'The challenge now will be for her to keep it up for the next two years at college.'
What is your child's claim to fame? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.