Sprowston teachers’ rap video nominated for national award
A rap video made by two teachers has been shortlisted for a national award with �100,000 prize money at stake.
Sprowston Community High School teachers John Allerhand and John Cordeaux have made a rap video to help students learn religious studies. Proving to be a hit, it has been shortlisted to win a competition run by telecommunications company 02.
The video, entitled Reincarnation, teaches students about rebirth in Hinduism.
If it wins, the school will be awarded �100,000, which will help pay towards its new sixth form centre and for a specialist multimedia suite.
The video was filmed around Norwich a features the market, City Hall and the Forum. Mr Allerhand, who is head of humanities said: 'Students like the funny stuff. The rap helps them to remember Hinduism easier. It would be phenomenal if we won, we are proud to have got this far. With the support of Norwich and Norfolk we will win.
You may also want to watch:
'John Cordeaux wrote the rap and the film was made by his son, Danny, and friend Will Fielding.'
Voting runs from September 13-27. People can vote by logging on to www.o2learn.co.uk
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 3 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 7 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 8 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 9 EastEnders star is coming to Norwich
- 10 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
Has your school entered a competition? Call Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com