Sprowston teachers’ rap video nominated for national award
A rap video made by two teachers has been shortlisted for a national award with �100,000 prize money at stake.
Sprowston Community High School teachers John Allerhand and John Cordeaux have made a rap video to help students learn religious studies. Proving to be a hit, it has been shortlisted to win a competition run by telecommunications company 02.
The video, entitled Reincarnation, teaches students about rebirth in Hinduism.
If it wins, the school will be awarded �100,000, which will help pay towards its new sixth form centre and for a specialist multimedia suite.
The video was filmed around Norwich a features the market, City Hall and the Forum. Mr Allerhand, who is head of humanities said: 'Students like the funny stuff. The rap helps them to remember Hinduism easier. It would be phenomenal if we won, we are proud to have got this far. With the support of Norwich and Norfolk we will win.
'John Cordeaux wrote the rap and the film was made by his son, Danny, and friend Will Fielding.'
Voting runs from September 13-27. People can vote by logging on to www.o2learn.co.uk
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 3 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 4 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 5 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 6 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 7 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 8 Mobility scooter trashed by hazardous wheelie bins
- 9 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 10 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
Has your school entered a competition? Call Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com