Sprowston teachers’ rap video nominated for national award
A rap video made by two teachers has been shortlisted for a national award with �100,000 prize money at stake.
Sprowston Community High School teachers John Allerhand and John Cordeaux have made a rap video to help students learn religious studies. Proving to be a hit, it has been shortlisted to win a competition run by telecommunications company 02.
The video, entitled Reincarnation, teaches students about rebirth in Hinduism.
If it wins, the school will be awarded �100,000, which will help pay towards its new sixth form centre and for a specialist multimedia suite.
The video was filmed around Norwich a features the market, City Hall and the Forum. Mr Allerhand, who is head of humanities said: 'Students like the funny stuff. The rap helps them to remember Hinduism easier. It would be phenomenal if we won, we are proud to have got this far. With the support of Norwich and Norfolk we will win.
You may also want to watch:
'John Cordeaux wrote the rap and the film was made by his son, Danny, and friend Will Fielding.'
Voting runs from September 13-27. People can vote by logging on to www.o2learn.co.uk
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 4 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 5 Legal charity to move into part of disused city pub
- 6 ‘We miss the hustle and bustle’ - Norwich shoppers long for lockdown end
- 7 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 8 Woman tried to smuggle drugs into jail in trousers
- 9 Roads to shut as end of £2.5m street revamp work nears
- 10 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
Has your school entered a competition? Call Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com