Primark helps Norwich design student to travel to India
A budding fashion designer has been selected by retail giant Primark to travel to India this summer.
Hannah Morris, who is from Norwich but is currently studying at Manchester Metropolitan University, was one of three students chosen to take the trip as part of a Craft Cluster Initiative research project. The 22-year-old was chosen as one of the most promising final year students on the BA (Hons) Clothing Design and Technology course.
Miss Morris, who is from Taverham and is a former Taverham High School and City of Norwich School pupil, said: 'I felt delighted, excited and very grateful to be given the opportunity.'
The three students will head out to India in August and will be looking in particular at Indian crafts.
Miss Morris said she would be writing a blog from India about her experience.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'The trip will give me the experience to learn about a totally new culture. I am looking forward to immersing myself in the culture, meeting new people and learning new things.'
After graduation, Miss Morris is hoping to start a career in either childrenswear or fabric design.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 3 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 4 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 9 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich
She said: 'It means a lot to have won this award. Some of the adjudication was carried out by leading high street retailer and this will give me encouragement for my search for a job in design.'
Have you got a story for the Evening News? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com