Primark helps Norwich design student to travel to India
A budding fashion designer has been selected by retail giant Primark to travel to India this summer.
Hannah Morris, who is from Norwich but is currently studying at Manchester Metropolitan University, was one of three students chosen to take the trip as part of a Craft Cluster Initiative research project. The 22-year-old was chosen as one of the most promising final year students on the BA (Hons) Clothing Design and Technology course.
Miss Morris, who is from Taverham and is a former Taverham High School and City of Norwich School pupil, said: 'I felt delighted, excited and very grateful to be given the opportunity.'
The three students will head out to India in August and will be looking in particular at Indian crafts.
Miss Morris said she would be writing a blog from India about her experience.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'The trip will give me the experience to learn about a totally new culture. I am looking forward to immersing myself in the culture, meeting new people and learning new things.'
After graduation, Miss Morris is hoping to start a career in either childrenswear or fabric design.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
She said: 'It means a lot to have won this award. Some of the adjudication was carried out by leading high street retailer and this will give me encouragement for my search for a job in design.'
Have you got a story for the Evening News? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com