Photo gallery: Taverham pupils enjoy ‘très bien’ French breakfast at school
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from a Taverham school enjoyed a 'petit déjeuner' recently when they took part in a French day.
Year two pupils from Taverham Hall Pre-prep School entertained their parents during the annual breakfast, which saw them arriving at school dressed as French waiters and waitresses.
And although the children played dress-up, with many of the boys sporting curly moustaches while the girls wore stylish berets, they also had the chance to practice their language skills.
Each child greeted their parents in French and then displayed their conversational skills by taking part in a question and answer session with each other.
They then performed a range of different sketches, demonstrating their use of basic French, with a lots of fun and humour. They also sang two French songs - Au Clair de la Lune and Alouette.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors were served with croissants and pain au chocolats, accompanied with the choice of tea or coffee. After the parents had finished, the children then enjoyed their very own French breakfast.
Teacher Sandra Nichol, organiser of the event, said: 'The fun the children have had working towards the event has been really infectious. The children have a good grounding in simple French and have a desire to learn more.
- 1 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 2 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 6 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 7 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 8 'Look twice' - Biker's plea after breaking both legs in head-on crash
- 9 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
'Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the morning and parents were impressed to hear how much French the children had learnt over the year.'
A spokesman for the school added: 'We would like to thank Miss Nichol on behalf of the Pre-prep and the children for all of her hard work preparing for this.
'We were delighted to hear how much she enjoys preparing for this event.
'It was a delightful morning and we were extremely proud of all of the children for their wonderful performances.'
• Is your school organising an event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01603 693892.