Photo gallery: Scouting UK chief commissioner presents awards in Norwich
The scouting UK chief commissioner awarded a Norwich resident with the second highest scouting award, on a visit to Norfolk at the weekend.
Wayne Bullpitt awarded the Bar to Silver Acorn to Peter Staple, 70, of St Philips Road, off Dereham Road, for 'specially distinguished service to the scout movement of many years'.
The vice president of the eastern Norwich scouts said the news 'came like a bullet out of the blue'.
Mr Bullpitt also presented more awards to scouts and scout leaders as well as visiting scout groups and taking part in scouting activities throughout the county, finishing off the visit with a presentation event at Norwich Cathedral.
• For the full story see tomorrow's Evening News.
• Have you receive a prestigious award? Contact Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 3 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre