Photo gallery: Scouting UK chief commissioner presents awards in Norwich
The scouting UK chief commissioner awarded a Norwich resident with the second highest scouting award, on a visit to Norfolk at the weekend.
Wayne Bullpitt awarded the Bar to Silver Acorn to Peter Staple, 70, of St Philips Road, off Dereham Road, for 'specially distinguished service to the scout movement of many years'.
The vice president of the eastern Norwich scouts said the news 'came like a bullet out of the blue'.
Mr Bullpitt also presented more awards to scouts and scout leaders as well as visiting scout groups and taking part in scouting activities throughout the county, finishing off the visit with a presentation event at Norwich Cathedral.
• For the full story see tomorrow's Evening News.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you receive a prestigious award? Contact Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 5 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 6 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 7 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 8 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 9 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material
- 10 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs