Photo gallery: Scouting UK chief commissioner presents awards in Norwich
The scouting UK chief commissioner awarded a Norwich resident with the second highest scouting award, on a visit to Norfolk at the weekend.
Wayne Bullpitt awarded the Bar to Silver Acorn to Peter Staple, 70, of St Philips Road, off Dereham Road, for 'specially distinguished service to the scout movement of many years'.
The vice president of the eastern Norwich scouts said the news 'came like a bullet out of the blue'.
Mr Bullpitt also presented more awards to scouts and scout leaders as well as visiting scout groups and taking part in scouting activities throughout the county, finishing off the visit with a presentation event at Norwich Cathedral.
• For the full story see tomorrow's Evening News.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you receive a prestigious award? Contact Donna-Louise Bishop at email@example.com or call 01603 772438.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 4 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 5 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 6 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 7 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Norwich woman's new cookie company has 'gone crazy'
- 10 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole