Photo gallery: Scouting UK chief commissioner presents awards in Norwich
The scouting UK chief commissioner awarded a Norwich resident with the second highest scouting award, on a visit to Norfolk at the weekend.
Wayne Bullpitt awarded the Bar to Silver Acorn to Peter Staple, 70, of St Philips Road, off Dereham Road, for 'specially distinguished service to the scout movement of many years'.
The vice president of the eastern Norwich scouts said the news 'came like a bullet out of the blue'.
Mr Bullpitt also presented more awards to scouts and scout leaders as well as visiting scout groups and taking part in scouting activities throughout the county, finishing off the visit with a presentation event at Norwich Cathedral.
• For the full story see tomorrow's Evening News.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you receive a prestigious award? Contact Donna-Louise Bishop at email@example.com or call 01603 772438.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change