PHOTO GALLERY: Pictures of Norwich schoolchildren to be beamed on to Buckingham Palace
Hundreds of self-portraits by Norwich children are to be projected on to Buckingham Palace as part of a national art project.
The pictures of and by pupils at schools including more than half a dozen in and around Norwich, will be beamed on to the royal residence to form a massive montage of the Queen.
The Face Britain project was devised by the Prince's Foundation for Children and the Arts to celebrate the nation's children and young people in the lead-up to the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics and Paralympics. More than 200,000 children aged between four and 16 from across the country produced their own self-portraits, which will be used to make up a section of the montage of Her Majesty.
City schools which got royally creative included the City of Norwich School, St Thomas More Roman Catholic Junior School, Angel Road Infant School, The Clare School, St Michael's VA School in Bowthorpe. Sparhawk Infant and Nursery School in Sprowston and Falcon Junior School, also in Sprowston.
Carina Ingham, headteacher of Sparhawk Infant and Junior School, said: 'The children are very proud to be part of such a wonderful celebration.'
You may also want to watch:
The images will be projected on to Buckingham Palace from tomorrow until Sunday, while from 8.30pm tomorrow, they will also be screened for 24 hours on the BBC Big Screen at the city's Chapelfield shopping centre.
Click on the link to the top right of this page to see more of the self-portraits.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
- 10 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
Is your school up to something interesting? Tell us about it by calling Evening News reporter Victoria Leggett on 01603 772468 or email email@example.com