PHOTO GALLERY: Hellesdon school performance
A dance teacher to the stars worked his magic on hundreds of Norwich youngsters on the weekend – and hopes to return to the city for another show-stopping performance at the Forum.
International choreographer Danny Price has taught the likes of Madonna, David Bowie and Janet Jackson to dance, and he held a series of dance workshops with children from the Hellesdon cluster schools last week.
Youngsters from four upwards learnt dance tecniques throughout the week culminating in a mass performance involving 250 children at Hellesdon High School on Saturday.
It went so well that Mr Price is hoping to work next with a cluster of secondary schools in Norwich and put on a finale performance at the Forum later this year.
He said: 'They were hoping for a full house but when 900 people turned up, oh my gosh. The queue went out into the car park. 'The children were absolutely awesome and there was a standing ovation at the end. Next time I would like to do a cluster of secondary schools in Norwich, and put on a finale performance at the Forum.
You may also want to watch:
'I have been a choreographer for 25 years and my remit is to engage people in the moves we are getting, and that's the same with these children as it is with the stars I have worked with. This is something the children will remember the rest of their lives, as we will.'
The schools that took part in the Total Dance Week were Arden Grove Infant and Nursery, Kinsale Infant, Heather Avenue Infants, Horsford Infants and Horsford Junior, Firside Junior, Kinsale Junior, St Faith's Primary and Hellesdon High School.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
Check out the photo gallery at www.eveningnews24.co.uk to see the children in action.
Is an innovative project taking place at your school? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.