Photo Gallery: Costessey pre-school celebrates 45 years
A community of families and former childcare workers turned out to celebrate the 45th anniversary of a pre-school in Costessey.
St Helen's pre-school, on Gurney Road, organised the anniversary event last week and held a party to mark the occasion and to raise funds for the pre-school.
Manager Vanessa Weston has been working at St Helen's for 23 years and said: 'My children used to come here.
'It is a nice little place. We all get on and we are a very good team.'
Yvonne Ireson, aged 74, is one of the co-founders and explained how her husband Malcolm used to make toys for the children when she worked there.
She said: 'We had no running water then, the roof was made of corrugated iron.
'We were just made up of mothers at that time.'
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 5 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 8 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 9 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 10 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
There were plenty of things for families to do at the event, including arts and craft, a tombola and a 'guess the name' competition. There was also a cake and biscuit stall.
Amanda Clarke, mother of Grace Clarke, aged three, who attends the pre-school, said: 'We just want thank everyone who is involved with St Helen's.
'It is a good school and the children really enjoy themselves.'
For more information about St Helen's call 01603 749901.
View photosof St Helen's through the ages in the photo gallery..
Is your school celebrating a special occasion? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.