Photo Gallery: Costessey pre-school celebrates 45 years
A community of families and former childcare workers turned out to celebrate the 45th anniversary of a pre-school in Costessey.
St Helen's pre-school, on Gurney Road, organised the anniversary event last week and held a party to mark the occasion and to raise funds for the pre-school.
Manager Vanessa Weston has been working at St Helen's for 23 years and said: 'My children used to come here.
'It is a nice little place. We all get on and we are a very good team.'
Yvonne Ireson, aged 74, is one of the co-founders and explained how her husband Malcolm used to make toys for the children when she worked there.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'We had no running water then, the roof was made of corrugated iron.
'We were just made up of mothers at that time.'
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 8 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
There were plenty of things for families to do at the event, including arts and craft, a tombola and a 'guess the name' competition. There was also a cake and biscuit stall.
Amanda Clarke, mother of Grace Clarke, aged three, who attends the pre-school, said: 'We just want thank everyone who is involved with St Helen's.
'It is a good school and the children really enjoy themselves.'
For more information about St Helen's call 01603 749901.
View photosof St Helen's through the ages in the photo gallery..
Is your school celebrating a special occasion? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.