Photo Gallery: Costessey pre-school celebrates 45 years
A community of families and former childcare workers turned out to celebrate the 45th anniversary of a pre-school in Costessey.
St Helen's pre-school, on Gurney Road, organised the anniversary event last week and held a party to mark the occasion and to raise funds for the pre-school.
Manager Vanessa Weston has been working at St Helen's for 23 years and said: 'My children used to come here.
'It is a nice little place. We all get on and we are a very good team.'
Yvonne Ireson, aged 74, is one of the co-founders and explained how her husband Malcolm used to make toys for the children when she worked there.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'We had no running water then, the roof was made of corrugated iron.
'We were just made up of mothers at that time.'
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 Police concerned for 25-year-old missing man from Norwich
- 4 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 5 Legal charity to move into part of disused city pub
- 6 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 7 Photos show progress made on new £2.75m recycling centre in Norwich
- 8 Former city boxing champion denies threats to slash partner's throat
- 9 Woman who stole from vulnerable woman has to pay back £2000
- 10 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
There were plenty of things for families to do at the event, including arts and craft, a tombola and a 'guess the name' competition. There was also a cake and biscuit stall.
Amanda Clarke, mother of Grace Clarke, aged three, who attends the pre-school, said: 'We just want thank everyone who is involved with St Helen's.
'It is a good school and the children really enjoy themselves.'
For more information about St Helen's call 01603 749901.
View photosof St Helen's through the ages in the photo gallery..
Is your school celebrating a special occasion? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop at email@example.com or call 01603 772438.