Outstanding nursery celebrates getting top marks in its 75th year
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff of Earlham Nursery School are celebrating maintaining their 'outstanding' Ofsted report.
The school, now in its 75th year, was judged to be 'outstanding' in every area of the inspection with inspectors stating in the report that the nursery is 'very well managed' and the leadership of teaching is 'exceptionally strong'.
The school, which has 85 pupils aged three to five, was praised by inspectors for its curriculum which 'encourages children both through inside and outdoor learning' and also mentioned the 'very strong sense of team work and enjoyment in the school.'
The only recommended improvement was for the nursery to provide children with more resources and activities that would see them use a range of technology.
Stephanie Harding, head of nursery, said: 'This report is a credit to the staff team, the children and their parents of who all value the opportunities children have to learn at our nursery.
You may also want to watch:
'We are particularly pleased that the inspector recognised that learning takes places within a fun atmosphere which is so important for young children.
Andy Verney, chairman of governors, added: 'The governors were absolutely delighted that all the hard work of Stephanie and her team was recognised.'
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 4 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 5 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 6 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 7 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 8 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 9 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 10 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
Do you have a story for us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or call 01603 772684.