Open Academy student Harry celebrates top GCSE results
Open Academy student Harry Ives-Keeler scooped seven A*s and five As in his GCSEs.
He achieved two distinctions, which are the equivalent of A*s in IT and business.
Harry said: 'I was surprised I got so many A*s in so many subjects. It's down to a lot of hard work. We had to do a lot of work in our own time and I went to after-school sessions to do more work and for revision.'
Harry will continue his studies and take chemistry, physics, graphics and maths at the Kett Sixth Form.
'My parents are chuffed, they are really proud,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
Harry, from Skelton Road, Heartsease said he handled all his exams by focusing on at a time rather than panicking.
He said: 'I suppose as you are doing them you just try to take them as they come. Some days you'd have two exams in a day and then sometimes just one in a week. I wasn't worried about my results. The school has helped a lot.'
- 1 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 2 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 3 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 4 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 5 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 6 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 7 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 8 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 9 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
- 10 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
Open Academy smashed previous records for the third consecutive year since becoming an academy with 61pc of students gaining five A*-C results.