Open Academy student Harry celebrates top GCSE results
Open Academy student Harry Ives-Keeler scooped seven A*s and five As in his GCSEs.
He achieved two distinctions, which are the equivalent of A*s in IT and business.
Harry said: 'I was surprised I got so many A*s in so many subjects. It's down to a lot of hard work. We had to do a lot of work in our own time and I went to after-school sessions to do more work and for revision.'
Harry will continue his studies and take chemistry, physics, graphics and maths at the Kett Sixth Form.
'My parents are chuffed, they are really proud,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
Harry, from Skelton Road, Heartsease said he handled all his exams by focusing on at a time rather than panicking.
He said: 'I suppose as you are doing them you just try to take them as they come. Some days you'd have two exams in a day and then sometimes just one in a week. I wasn't worried about my results. The school has helped a lot.'
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 Praise for city's welcoming spirit after 'phenomenal' Norwich Pride
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
Open Academy smashed previous records for the third consecutive year since becoming an academy with 61pc of students gaining five A*-C results.