Nursery in Mile Cross area of Norwich receives “outstanding” Ofsted report
Children at a Mile Cross nursery are celebrating after it received an 'outstanding' Ofsted report – and the manager said it was all down to teamwork.
Milestones Day Nursery, based at the Norman Centre in Bignold Road, has about 150 children on its books aged from three months to under five years.
The nursery started seven years ago, employs 22 staff and also supports children with special educational needs and/or disabilities and children who speak English as an additional language, with care also offered to children aged over five years.
The report states that the overall quality of the early years provision is 'outstanding', which means it is of exceptionally high quality, and better than four years ago when the last Ofsted report judged the quality and standards of care and education at the nursery as just 'good'.
In the new report the nursery is also praised for making new children feel 'extremely secure and settled' and for promoting good health with a selection of fruit for snacks and freshly cooked meals prepared by the cook that meet children's individual dietary needs.
You may also want to watch:
The report states: 'Children's welfare, learning and development are fully enhanced by the qualified and highly experienced staff.
'The setting has excellent relationships with parents and seeks support and advice from other professionals involved with the children. The nursery has established robust procedures for evaluating and monitoring their excellent practice, which benefits children's continued learning and development.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 9 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans
'The nursery has clear aims and objectives for children's learning and all staff are fully supported in their training and development.'
The report recommends that to further improve the high quality of provision, opportunities for children to develop and use their home language in their play and learning should be considered to help them see that their home language and ethnicity are valued. Day care manager Zoe Robinson said: 'We are all very happy with the Ofsted report. I would like to say a big thank you to all our staff. We all work very hard together, and it's all down to teamwork.'
The nursery is owned by Action for Children and is part of the Sure Start CFM Children's Centre.
Has your school or nursery recently had an Ofsted inspection? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org