Norwich school wins toilet award
A Norwich school has shown it is far from bog standard after scooping a national award for its toilets.
School toilet campaigners have awarded Magdalen Gates Primary School in Bull Close Road, north of the city, the School Toilet Award.
Magdalen Gates Primary won the award after demonstrating a good standard of toilets and ensuring that the facilities are cleaned properly, well stocked and in good working order.
Headteacher Cara Jermy, said: 'We are delighted to receive this award. We place high importance on the children's health and well-being and understand that toilets can have a significant impact.
'We have involved the children in the award, ensuring that they are happy with the standard they receive and taking on board their ideas.'
You may also want to watch:
The nationwide awards scheme is run by Bog Standard, the campaigning arm of the children's charity ERIC (Education and Resources for Improving Childhood Continence) to improve toilet facilities and access for pupils.
The award was launched following a 2010 survey of 160 UK schools and 49 school and specialist nurses, which revealed a universal call for minimum standards for school toilet facilities.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 8 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
Natasha Collins-Daniel, of ERIC, said: 'Magdalen Gates Primary has shown great commitment to its pupils by providing excellent toilet facilities.'
Has your school won national recognition? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com.