Norwich school staff and pupils celebrate best ever Ofsted
Youngsters and staff at a Norwich pre-school are celebrating after receiving their best Ofsted report.
Inspectors visited Old Catton Pre-School, on Lodge Lane, to assess a range of areas from the safeguarding of children and engagement with parents and carers, to how much youngsters enjoyed their learning and how healthy they were.
Claire Wright, chairman of the pre-school committee, said staff and parents were delighted with the result which saw the site given an overall 'good' rating.
The pre-school's relationship with parents and carers was considered outstanding.
Mrs Wright, whose eight-year-old daughter Millie is a former pre-school pupil, said: 'This is the best report the group has ever had. We have previously had a good report but that was made up of good and satisfactory features. This is the first time we have had an outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
'We're really thrilled.'
In a report full of praise, inspector Janet Keeling said: 'Children thoroughly enjoy their time at this welcoming and child-friendly pre-school where their safety and security is promoted very well.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich
'All staff demonstrate a positive commitment towards the sustained and continuous improvement of the pre-school, which is well placed to develop further in the future.'
Mrs Wright said it was that commitment from staff, as well as efforts from the committee which was set up two-and-a-half years ago to support the pre-school, which had made all the difference.
She said staff and committee members, who are all parents of pupils and former pupils, had had a particular focus on improving relations with parents and carers following the last inspection in 2008. She added: 'We're now looking at some of the other areas. We're looking to get some more outstanding areas.'
Old Catton Pre-School caters for a total of 53 youngsters.
Have you got an education story for us? Call Victoria Leggett on 01603 772468 or email email@example.com