Norwich preschool wins prestigious title
- Credit: Archant
Little ones are jumping for joy after their preschool was celebrated at the Nursery World Awards 2015.
Magdalen Gates Preschool, on Bull Close Road, was named Preschool of the Year at this year's awards ceremony.
After being highly commended and named runners up in previous years, finally they brought the title to Norfolk on Saturday, September 26.
Paula Watts, preschool manager, was among three members of staff that attended the glamorous awards ceremony at The Brewery in London, hosted by Blue Peter presenter Barney Harwood.
She said: 'When they announced it was us we were shocked but extremely please and proud. Winning now is the icing on the cake and really shows all our hard work has paid off.
You may also want to watch:
'I think what helped us was reaching every family and just involving parents in their children's learning really.'
Nursery world commended the school for their green-fingered activities including leaf hunts, planting seeds and making paper pots.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 6 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
They added: 'There is lots of emphasis on communication and language development, including for those with English as an additional language... The librarian comes along to read a story and, this year, 19 families have joined the library.'
With a party being planned so the little ones can celebrate their success too, it is smiles all round for the Magdalen team.
- If you have a success story, email firstname.lastname@example.org