Norwich nursery school celebrates outstanding Ofsted report
A Norwich nursery school is celebrating after been judged outstanding by Ofsted inspectors, who praised the inspirational leadership, outstanding pupil behaviour and progress, and the quality of teaching.
Earlham Early Years Centre's Nursery School and Day Nursery, in Cadge Road, were both found to be outstanding in every inspected area, with the school's caring environment and strong parental support highlighted by inspectors.
Felicity Thomas, head of the centre, said: 'This report acknowledges the commitment that every member of staff devotes to the children here and we are thrilled with the inspectors' findings. Our school and day nursery are focused on tailoring support and education to each child's individual needs so that they make the best possible progress. Our pupils are also a credit to the centre, showing great care and support for one another and tremendous enthusiasm for learning.'
The Ofsted report said: 'This is an outstanding school in which children thrive in their personal development and successfully acquire the early basic skills that will serve them well in the future. Parents and carers are delighted with the quality of education provided. Every respondent to the inspection questionnaire said they would recommend the school to another parent.
'Achievement is outstanding with children making exceptional progress in all areas of their learning. This is particularly evident in their personal, social and emotional development, in communication, language and literacy, and in their personal development.'
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors also said pupils worked together 'exceptionally well' and, given their age, possessed 'a remarkable insight into the needs of others, invariably showing great sensitivity'.
Teachers were also praised for giving children confidence and tailoring learning precisely to the needs of each child.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 7 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police
The Day Nursery also received outstanding grades in every area, with Ofsted describing it as a 'rich and stimulating learning environment which provides children with memorable experiences, ensuring they make outstanding progress'.
Do you have a schools story? Call education correspondent Victoria Leggett on 01603 772468 or email email@example.com