Norwich nursery celebrates leavers
Parents of children at a nursery in Norwich had reason to celebrate after watching their little ones graduate from nursery.
Staff at the Just Learning nursery, in Thorpe St Andrew, hosted the graduation ceremony with a twist for the 18 children who are due to leave the nursery and start primary school later this year.
Proud parents gathered to watch their children perform the book Commotion In The Ocean by Julia Donaldson, and sing a song, before collecting their certificates.
Nursery manager, Kirsty Jenkins, said a few words about each individual child. The children were then presented with a special certificate, signifying their achievements.
After the ceremony the children were treated to a surprise disco and a balloon modeller came to make balloon shapes for them.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards, the nursery manager said: 'The excitement on the faces of the children was matched by the proud looks from their parents.
'It's so rewarding to see the children blossom throughout their time at the nursery and they have all achieved success in every area of learning and development.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 3 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 7 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 8 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 9 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 10 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
'It's great to see them go on to primary school with confidence and I wish them the best of luck.'
The nursery cares for 127 children aged between three months and five years, and is hosting an open day on Saturday, October 1, and invite all prospective parents to come view its facilities.