Norwich nursery celebrates leavers
Parents of children at a nursery in Norwich had reason to celebrate after watching their little ones graduate from nursery.
Staff at the Just Learning nursery, in Thorpe St Andrew, hosted the graduation ceremony with a twist for the 18 children who are due to leave the nursery and start primary school later this year.
Proud parents gathered to watch their children perform the book Commotion In The Ocean by Julia Donaldson, and sing a song, before collecting their certificates.
Nursery manager, Kirsty Jenkins, said a few words about each individual child. The children were then presented with a special certificate, signifying their achievements.
After the ceremony the children were treated to a surprise disco and a balloon modeller came to make balloon shapes for them.
Afterwards, the nursery manager said: 'The excitement on the faces of the children was matched by the proud looks from their parents.
'It's so rewarding to see the children blossom throughout their time at the nursery and they have all achieved success in every area of learning and development.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 6 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 7 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 8 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 9 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 10 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
'It's great to see them go on to primary school with confidence and I wish them the best of luck.'
The nursery cares for 127 children aged between three months and five years, and is hosting an open day on Saturday, October 1, and invite all prospective parents to come view its facilities.