Norwich nursery celebrates leavers
Parents of children at a nursery in Norwich had reason to celebrate after watching their little ones graduate from nursery.
Staff at the Just Learning nursery, in Thorpe St Andrew, hosted the graduation ceremony with a twist for the 18 children who are due to leave the nursery and start primary school later this year.
Proud parents gathered to watch their children perform the book Commotion In The Ocean by Julia Donaldson, and sing a song, before collecting their certificates.
Nursery manager, Kirsty Jenkins, said a few words about each individual child. The children were then presented with a special certificate, signifying their achievements.
After the ceremony the children were treated to a surprise disco and a balloon modeller came to make balloon shapes for them.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards, the nursery manager said: 'The excitement on the faces of the children was matched by the proud looks from their parents.
'It's so rewarding to see the children blossom throughout their time at the nursery and they have all achieved success in every area of learning and development.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 5 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 6 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
'It's great to see them go on to primary school with confidence and I wish them the best of luck.'
The nursery cares for 127 children aged between three months and five years, and is hosting an open day on Saturday, October 1, and invite all prospective parents to come view its facilities.