Norfolk students need to get loan applications in soon
Students from Norfolk returning to university for the next academic year in September are being encouraged to get their student finance applications in as soon as possible.
The Student Loans Company (SLC) have launched a new application process and with over 100,000 students in the region due to be entering their second or third year this autumn, the SLC is advising that returning students make their applications early to avoid unwanted money worries at the start of term.
Andy Topham, assessment manager at SLC covering the East of England, said: 'The best way for students to ensure they are financially stable for their next year of studying is to apply for their finance now.
'Over the last year the SLC has been working hard to improve the application process. But the system still needs returning students to apply correctly in order to receive their money in time.'
Returning students who applied for finance last year that is not means-tested - not dependent on their parents' or partner's household income - should sign and return the form they receive from the SLC.
You may also want to watch:
Those who want their household income to be taken into account can submit their application online along with their partner, parent or sponsor's financial evidence.
If a student's situation has changed since last year, they can find easy-to-understand information and guidance on what funding they can get online as well.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 8 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
All questions and information surrounding the new application process can be found at www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance