Norfolk man swaps laptop for horror show
It may not be everybody's idea of a career move but a former IT student has exchanged his laptop for loud costumes and outrageous make-up as he rediscovers his circus roots.
Daniel Endr�sz, who lived in Paragon Place in Norwich while studying computing at the UEA, will be returning to the city for the first time in two years this month as part of the infamous Circus of Horrors show.
Now 22, he was originally from a circus family but left the industry after his father was injured and was then brought up in west Norfolk
His brother Attila remained in the circus industry travelling all around the world as a unicyclist and ringmaster and was working for the Circus of Horrors on the Apocalypse at the Asylum tour.
However, family commitments meant he had to leave the show whilst it was on the road, leaving a gap for a hunchbacked, angle-grinding freak. A gap ably filled by his younger brother.
Daniel, who still lives in the King's Lynn area where he was brought up, said: 'I'm the seventh generation to be in the circus on my dad's side.
'When he got injured when we were in Kuwait so we came back to the UK and I did the whole normal school thing. When I got asked to join the Circus of Horrors, I jumped at the chance and haven't looked back since.'
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 3 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 4 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 5 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 6 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 7 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 8 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 9 Former Norfolk teacher finds success with hit pottery business
- 10 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
The Circus of Horrors will be at Norwich Playhouse with a production called Freaks and Feathers, which is described as a combination of a circus freak show and a burlesque show.
It will include Britain's top Burlesque performer, Chrys Columbine, alongside hair-hanging and blade-walking beauty Anastasia IV, hula-hooping diva Mariska Garcia and twisted contortionist Kristiana,
When the show comes to Norwich on December 16 to 19, it will be the first time Daniel has returned to the city since leaving university two years ago.
The former King Edward VII High School pupil, whose uncle runs the Blackpool Tower Circus, said: 'I'm really excited about it, I've got lots of friends from King's Lynn and from university who will be there.
'The last time I was in Norwich was to watch The Circus of Horrors. This time I'll be performing in it, I can't wait.'
For ticket information for the show, call 01603 598598 or go to www.norwichplayhouse.co.uk
Have you got a story for the Evening News? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org