Norfolk Badgers crowned in Norwich
The Norfolk St John Ambulance team have crowned their first ever County and Deputy County Badger of the Year.
George Littlewood, aged eight, from Belton and Max Peyton, also aged eight, from Sprowston, have just been crowned the first ever St John Badger of the Year and Deputy (respectively) for Norfolk.
Linda Sweeney, St John Ambulance's County Badger leader and judge at the competition said: 'The standard was so high it was really hard to pick a winner. Both boys will have a really busy year and am sure they will enjoy being ambassadors for St John Ambulance.'
The County Cadet of the Year, Bryony Horner, and her deputy, Hannah Mace, also helped with the judging.
George, who has been a member of St John Ambulance Badgers for three years and Max, who has been a member for one year, competed in the first ever competition of its type in Norfolk, at the organisation's training centre in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the selection process the Badgers underwent an interview, had to have a strict uniform inspection, were tested on their knowledge of 'Everything Badgers', gave a five minute presentation in front of audience on a subject of their choice and were observed for their teamwork.
Max said: 'I am really looking forward to working with George the Badger of the Year and hope to be able to attend as many events as possible.'
- 1 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 10 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
George and Max will be involved in lots of activities in their year of office, such as attending events like the Royal Norfolk Show.
Anyone interested in becoming a cadet, badger or to volunteer can contact St John Ambulance on 08700 104950 or visit www.sja.org.uk.
Have you received an achievement in your organisation for the work you have done? Contact Local Life editor email@example.com or call 01603 772438.