Norfolk Badgers crowned in Norwich
The Norfolk St John Ambulance team have crowned their first ever County and Deputy County Badger of the Year.
George Littlewood, aged eight, from Belton and Max Peyton, also aged eight, from Sprowston, have just been crowned the first ever St John Badger of the Year and Deputy (respectively) for Norfolk.
Linda Sweeney, St John Ambulance's County Badger leader and judge at the competition said: 'The standard was so high it was really hard to pick a winner. Both boys will have a really busy year and am sure they will enjoy being ambassadors for St John Ambulance.'
The County Cadet of the Year, Bryony Horner, and her deputy, Hannah Mace, also helped with the judging.
George, who has been a member of St John Ambulance Badgers for three years and Max, who has been a member for one year, competed in the first ever competition of its type in Norfolk, at the organisation's training centre in Norwich.
As part of the selection process the Badgers underwent an interview, had to have a strict uniform inspection, were tested on their knowledge of 'Everything Badgers', gave a five minute presentation in front of audience on a subject of their choice and were observed for their teamwork.
Max said: 'I am really looking forward to working with George the Badger of the Year and hope to be able to attend as many events as possible.'
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 3 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
George and Max will be involved in lots of activities in their year of office, such as attending events like the Royal Norfolk Show.
Anyone interested in becoming a cadet, badger or to volunteer can contact St John Ambulance on 08700 104950 or visit www.sja.org.uk.
Have you received an achievement in your organisation for the work you have done? Contact Local Life editor firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.