Norwich's Sainsbury Centre set to welcome new director
- Credit: UEA
The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts in Norwich is set to welcome a new director.
Jago Cooper has been appointed as director of the centre and professor of art and archaeology at the University of East Anglia (UEA).
Professor Cooper starts his new role at the much-loved art gallery and museum - located on the UEA campus - in November.
He has spent more than 20 years working on a diverse range of cultural projects around the world, always centred on the study and communication of visual and material culture.
Prof Cooper has spent 10 years as head of the Americas section at the British Museum and director of the Santo Domingo Centre of Excellence for Latin American Research.
You may also want to watch:
His time there has led to a series of innovative exhibitions that challenge traditional museum practice.
Since 2011, Prof Cooper has written and presented a series of documentaries for BBC Four based on his research and international collaborations.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week