MC Hammer praises Norwich college video
An American rapper who has sold more than 50 million records has praised a music video which was penned and put together by Norwich students.
MC Hammer, known for his flamboyant dance moves, trademark baggy 'Hammer' trousers and 'U Can't Touch This' single, sent a link to the City College Norwich video to his 2.3million followers on the Twitter website.
The college video features music performed by former students Coll (Collins Matsika) and Joel Siwale (Cee Jay), both from Interim Records, an independent record label which has an office and studio space at the college.
MC Hammer, who is a social media expert and entrepreneur, told the students and principal Dick Palmer: 'Keep inspiring and encouraging the next generation. Good work.'
The video, which can be seen on YouTube, came to the star's attention thanks to the college's involvement with a group of entrepreneurs in The Gazelle Group, which has members such as Dragon's Den businessman Peter Jones.
You may also want to watch:
The group brings together leaders from the private and public sectors who want to use entrepreneurship in education.
Mr Palmer, who discovered the benefits of using Twitter after winning �500 for his students in a competition to see which principal could gain most followers, said: 'It's fantastic for students to think that a celebrity like that can say to his millions of followers that our video is cool.'
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 3 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 4 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 5 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 6 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 7 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 8 Mysabar is BACK! City's cosy outdoor bar returns for another Christmas
- 9 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 10 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced