Local artists inspire Langley children to get creative with clay
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Norfolk school have been given the opportunity to get creative with clay, thanks to the visit of two local artists.
Langley Preparatory School, in Thorpe St Andrew, recently welcomed two local artists, Louise Richardson and Ann Richardson, into its classrooms. They shared their works and wealth of expertise with the children.
Through a series of workshop, children were given the opportunity to work with the artists, to explore their techniques and pick up a range of skills of their own.
Both visiting artists have exhibited works both nationally and internationally, most recently displaying work at the Mandell's Gallery in Norwich. Pupils worked in small groups to create their own masterpieces with the encouragement and support of the two artists.
Louise Nichols, year two teacher at the school, said: 'The children were very much inspired and excited by this opportunity and created some wonderful sculptures.
You may also want to watch:
'They will be painting their sculptures this week before going on display in an exhibition at school for all to admire.'
The works of art produced by the children are set to be showcased at the school's open mornings, which take place on Friday, October 9, and Saturday, October 10.
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
They will be accompanied by other works produced by the school's pupils, as part of the children's art exhibition.
Personalised tours of the exhibition are also available to parents, which can be arranged through the school office on 01603 433055.