Local artists inspire Langley children to get creative with clay
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Norfolk school have been given the opportunity to get creative with clay, thanks to the visit of two local artists.
Langley Preparatory School, in Thorpe St Andrew, recently welcomed two local artists, Louise Richardson and Ann Richardson, into its classrooms. They shared their works and wealth of expertise with the children.
Through a series of workshop, children were given the opportunity to work with the artists, to explore their techniques and pick up a range of skills of their own.
Both visiting artists have exhibited works both nationally and internationally, most recently displaying work at the Mandell's Gallery in Norwich. Pupils worked in small groups to create their own masterpieces with the encouragement and support of the two artists.
Louise Nichols, year two teacher at the school, said: 'The children were very much inspired and excited by this opportunity and created some wonderful sculptures.
You may also want to watch:
'They will be painting their sculptures this week before going on display in an exhibition at school for all to admire.'
The works of art produced by the children are set to be showcased at the school's open mornings, which take place on Friday, October 9, and Saturday, October 10.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 7 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 8 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 9 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 10 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
They will be accompanied by other works produced by the school's pupils, as part of the children's art exhibition.
Personalised tours of the exhibition are also available to parents, which can be arranged through the school office on 01603 433055.