Hellesdon junior school is latest to join local academy trust
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Norwich primary school has joined the ranks of a growing local academy trust.
Kinsale Junior School in Hellesdon will be joining the Wensum Trust following a successful application to the Department for Education.
The move was approved by the headteacher board for the East of England and North East London and the regional schools commissioner (RCS) at a meeting last week.
The Wensum Trust manages other schools in the area including Hellesdon High and Arden Grove and Heather Avenue Infants.
Gerard Batty, trust chief executive, said: 'We are delighted to welcome another Hellesdon-based school into our trust so that the vision of seamless 3 to 18 years education becomes a reality for the parents and children of this area.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to thank the headteacher board and RSC for their support of our vision and what the Wensum Trust is trying to achieve for all its academies and the children who attend them.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 5 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 6 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 7 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 8 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 9 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 10 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef