Hellesdon junior school is latest to join local academy trust
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Norwich primary school has joined the ranks of a growing local academy trust.
Kinsale Junior School in Hellesdon will be joining the Wensum Trust following a successful application to the Department for Education.
The move was approved by the headteacher board for the East of England and North East London and the regional schools commissioner (RCS) at a meeting last week.
The Wensum Trust manages other schools in the area including Hellesdon High and Arden Grove and Heather Avenue Infants.
Gerard Batty, trust chief executive, said: 'We are delighted to welcome another Hellesdon-based school into our trust so that the vision of seamless 3 to 18 years education becomes a reality for the parents and children of this area.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to thank the headteacher board and RSC for their support of our vision and what the Wensum Trust is trying to achieve for all its academies and the children who attend them.'
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 4 'It sounded like my roof was coming off': Sonic boom from RAF jet heard over Norwich
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Former village pub for sale as home
- 7 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear
- 8 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 9 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel