Hellesdon junior school is latest to join local academy trust
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Norwich primary school has joined the ranks of a growing local academy trust.
Kinsale Junior School in Hellesdon will be joining the Wensum Trust following a successful application to the Department for Education.
The move was approved by the headteacher board for the East of England and North East London and the regional schools commissioner (RCS) at a meeting last week.
The Wensum Trust manages other schools in the area including Hellesdon High and Arden Grove and Heather Avenue Infants.
Gerard Batty, trust chief executive, said: 'We are delighted to welcome another Hellesdon-based school into our trust so that the vision of seamless 3 to 18 years education becomes a reality for the parents and children of this area.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to thank the headteacher board and RSC for their support of our vision and what the Wensum Trust is trying to achieve for all its academies and the children who attend them.'
- 1 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 3 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 4 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 7 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 8 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 9 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 10 Work starts to transform former bakery into £13m site