Hellesdon junior school is latest to join local academy trust
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Norwich primary school has joined the ranks of a growing local academy trust.
Kinsale Junior School in Hellesdon will be joining the Wensum Trust following a successful application to the Department for Education.
The move was approved by the headteacher board for the East of England and North East London and the regional schools commissioner (RCS) at a meeting last week.
The Wensum Trust manages other schools in the area including Hellesdon High and Arden Grove and Heather Avenue Infants.
Gerard Batty, trust chief executive, said: 'We are delighted to welcome another Hellesdon-based school into our trust so that the vision of seamless 3 to 18 years education becomes a reality for the parents and children of this area.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to thank the headteacher board and RSC for their support of our vision and what the Wensum Trust is trying to achieve for all its academies and the children who attend them.'
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich