John Hurt has a front row seat for the NUCA fashion show
Hollywood actor John Hurt was among the VIP guests at the second Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) fashion show.
Fashion degree and MA students from Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) showcased their work on the catwalk last night.
The show took place at NUCAs Duke Street building with models displaying the work of 66 students from the first and second year fashion degree course and MA fashion.
Four different collections were on show including tailored exaggerated shoulders and collars, upcycled charity clothes to make new designs, dresses, and a mix of asymmetric designs, smocking and combining contradictory materials to create cutting edge design.
The show was supported by House of Fraser, The Gallery Haircutters, make-up artist Louise Young, Topshop, Pretty Polly and Cancer Research UK.
VIP guests included actor John Hurt who has recently been announced as a life-long ambassador of the university.
Course leader Sue Chowles spoke of the designs as being of an excellent standard which 'demonstrates the interdependence between creativity and the refinement and mastering of technical skills'.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 7 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 8 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
Sue says: 'It is so incredibly important for students to have their work shown in a professional context and the NUCA Fashion show is a fantastic platform.'
Don't miss your Evening News tomorrow for a review and more pictures from the show.