John Hurt has a front row seat for the NUCA fashion show
Hollywood actor John Hurt was among the VIP guests at the second Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) fashion show.
Fashion degree and MA students from Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) showcased their work on the catwalk last night.
The show took place at NUCAs Duke Street building with models displaying the work of 66 students from the first and second year fashion degree course and MA fashion.
Four different collections were on show including tailored exaggerated shoulders and collars, upcycled charity clothes to make new designs, dresses, and a mix of asymmetric designs, smocking and combining contradictory materials to create cutting edge design.
The show was supported by House of Fraser, The Gallery Haircutters, make-up artist Louise Young, Topshop, Pretty Polly and Cancer Research UK.
You may also want to watch:
VIP guests included actor John Hurt who has recently been announced as a life-long ambassador of the university.
Course leader Sue Chowles spoke of the designs as being of an excellent standard which 'demonstrates the interdependence between creativity and the refinement and mastering of technical skills'.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 5 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 6 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
Sue says: 'It is so incredibly important for students to have their work shown in a professional context and the NUCA Fashion show is a fantastic platform.'
Don't miss your Evening News tomorrow for a review and more pictures from the show.