John Hurt has a front row seat for the NUCA fashion show
Hollywood actor John Hurt was among the VIP guests at the second Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) fashion show.
Fashion degree and MA students from Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) showcased their work on the catwalk last night.
The show took place at NUCAs Duke Street building with models displaying the work of 66 students from the first and second year fashion degree course and MA fashion.
Four different collections were on show including tailored exaggerated shoulders and collars, upcycled charity clothes to make new designs, dresses, and a mix of asymmetric designs, smocking and combining contradictory materials to create cutting edge design.
The show was supported by House of Fraser, The Gallery Haircutters, make-up artist Louise Young, Topshop, Pretty Polly and Cancer Research UK.
You may also want to watch:
VIP guests included actor John Hurt who has recently been announced as a life-long ambassador of the university.
Course leader Sue Chowles spoke of the designs as being of an excellent standard which 'demonstrates the interdependence between creativity and the refinement and mastering of technical skills'.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 5 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
Sue says: 'It is so incredibly important for students to have their work shown in a professional context and the NUCA Fashion show is a fantastic platform.'
Don't miss your Evening News tomorrow for a review and more pictures from the show.