John Hurt has a front row seat for the NUCA fashion show
Hollywood actor John Hurt was among the VIP guests at the second Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) fashion show.
Fashion degree and MA students from Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) showcased their work on the catwalk last night.
The show took place at NUCAs Duke Street building with models displaying the work of 66 students from the first and second year fashion degree course and MA fashion.
Four different collections were on show including tailored exaggerated shoulders and collars, upcycled charity clothes to make new designs, dresses, and a mix of asymmetric designs, smocking and combining contradictory materials to create cutting edge design.
The show was supported by House of Fraser, The Gallery Haircutters, make-up artist Louise Young, Topshop, Pretty Polly and Cancer Research UK.
You may also want to watch:
VIP guests included actor John Hurt who has recently been announced as a life-long ambassador of the university.
Course leader Sue Chowles spoke of the designs as being of an excellent standard which 'demonstrates the interdependence between creativity and the refinement and mastering of technical skills'.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
Sue says: 'It is so incredibly important for students to have their work shown in a professional context and the NUCA Fashion show is a fantastic platform.'
Don't miss your Evening News tomorrow for a review and more pictures from the show.