John Hurt has a front row seat for the NUCA fashion show
Hollywood actor John Hurt was among the VIP guests at the second Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) fashion show.
Fashion degree and MA students from Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) showcased their work on the catwalk last night.
The show took place at NUCAs Duke Street building with models displaying the work of 66 students from the first and second year fashion degree course and MA fashion.
Four different collections were on show including tailored exaggerated shoulders and collars, upcycled charity clothes to make new designs, dresses, and a mix of asymmetric designs, smocking and combining contradictory materials to create cutting edge design.
The show was supported by House of Fraser, The Gallery Haircutters, make-up artist Louise Young, Topshop, Pretty Polly and Cancer Research UK.
VIP guests included actor John Hurt who has recently been announced as a life-long ambassador of the university.
Course leader Sue Chowles spoke of the designs as being of an excellent standard which 'demonstrates the interdependence between creativity and the refinement and mastering of technical skills'.
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 4 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 8 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 9 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 10 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
Sue says: 'It is so incredibly important for students to have their work shown in a professional context and the NUCA Fashion show is a fantastic platform.'
Don't miss your Evening News tomorrow for a review and more pictures from the show.