Hellesdon youngsters celebrate top Ofsted report
Youngsters and staff at a pre-school are celebrating after government inspectors told them they were 'outstanding'.
Hellesdon Community Pre-School has just received its outstanding Ofsted report following an inspection on March 24.
It is the first time the Kinsale Avenue-based pre-school, which caters for children aged two and nine months to five, has achieved top marks in all areas.
In the report, the pre-school is praised for its 'excellent care and education' for children and 'excellent levels of support and communication'.
It said: 'Children make exceptional progress in this well-resourced and stimulating setting. Staff employ high levels of professionalism and are committed to offering excellent care and education for the children that attend. The system for measuring the effectiveness of the setting is very well developed and consistently drives forward significant improvements, demonstrating it has an excellent capacity to progress in the future.'
You may also want to watch:
The pre-school currently has 87 children on roll and caters for up to 40 youngsters at each of its sessions, which run in the mornings and afternoons five days a week.
June Wilson, who has been the manager at the pre-school for two-and-a-half years, said they were 'over the moon' with the report. She said: 'A lot of it is down to the fact that we have got a fantastic team. We have a lot of teamwork and the communication between staff is excellent. We are absolutely thrilled.'
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 5 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 6 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum tells how condition has made son, 10, throw himself down stairs
- 9 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub
- 10 Norwich City fan recovering after 52-day Covid hospital battle
Meanwhile, Kinsale Infant School, which is on the same site, was recently rated as 'good' by Ofsted inspectors and its early years provision was graded as 'outstanding'.
Is your school celebrating an outstanding achievement? Call Evening News reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com
For more School Reports, go to www.eveningnews24.co.uk