Hellesdon entrepreneur inspires teenagers at classroom launch
A young Hellesdon businessman spoke to budding entrepreneurs at the launch of a new high-tech classroom.
Kieran Miles, 21, managing director of Ultimate Impact Media in Norwich, was the special guest at Dereham's Neatherd High School today, which celebrated the new space to be used by IT diploma students, aged 14, 15 and 16.
After completing his GCSEs at Hellesdon High School Mr Miles studied a two-year diploma in business and retail at Norwich's City College.
He started-up Ultimate Impact Media when he was just 17 with his business partner Alex Pond.
Five years later, Mr Miles has been recognised as the one of the top 20 enterprising young people in Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the new classroom to the Dereham pupils, the 21-year-old said: 'This is very boardroom, Alan Sugar-esque...You have got this great opportunity - it is going to be amazing!'
The room was transformed from an old computer teaching room to a modern business space in just eight weeks over the summer holiday.
- 1 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 2 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
- 7 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
- 8 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 9 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 10 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
Work cost about �33,000, provided by a Mid Norfolk Partnership grant, and improvements include 31 computers and four iPads.