Hellesdon entrepreneur inspires teenagers at classroom launch
A young Hellesdon businessman spoke to budding entrepreneurs at the launch of a new high-tech classroom.
Kieran Miles, 21, managing director of Ultimate Impact Media in Norwich, was the special guest at Dereham's Neatherd High School today, which celebrated the new space to be used by IT diploma students, aged 14, 15 and 16.
After completing his GCSEs at Hellesdon High School Mr Miles studied a two-year diploma in business and retail at Norwich's City College.
He started-up Ultimate Impact Media when he was just 17 with his business partner Alex Pond.
Five years later, Mr Miles has been recognised as the one of the top 20 enterprising young people in Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the new classroom to the Dereham pupils, the 21-year-old said: 'This is very boardroom, Alan Sugar-esque...You have got this great opportunity - it is going to be amazing!'
The room was transformed from an old computer teaching room to a modern business space in just eight weeks over the summer holiday.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 5 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 6 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 7 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash
Work cost about �33,000, provided by a Mid Norfolk Partnership grant, and improvements include 31 computers and four iPads.