Hellesdon entrepreneur inspires teenagers at classroom launch
A young Hellesdon businessman spoke to budding entrepreneurs at the launch of a new high-tech classroom.
Kieran Miles, 21, managing director of Ultimate Impact Media in Norwich, was the special guest at Dereham's Neatherd High School today, which celebrated the new space to be used by IT diploma students, aged 14, 15 and 16.
After completing his GCSEs at Hellesdon High School Mr Miles studied a two-year diploma in business and retail at Norwich's City College.
He started-up Ultimate Impact Media when he was just 17 with his business partner Alex Pond.
Five years later, Mr Miles has been recognised as the one of the top 20 enterprising young people in Britain.
Speaking about the new classroom to the Dereham pupils, the 21-year-old said: 'This is very boardroom, Alan Sugar-esque...You have got this great opportunity - it is going to be amazing!'
The room was transformed from an old computer teaching room to a modern business space in just eight weeks over the summer holiday.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 6 Fine dining restaurant unveils new kitchen worth £70k
- 7 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 8 City folk overjoyed by £1.5m food hall plan in empty restaurant
- 9 Concerns over three new homes plan after six others approved in village
- 10 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
Work cost about �33,000, provided by a Mid Norfolk Partnership grant, and improvements include 31 computers and four iPads.