Hellesdon entrepreneur inspires teenagers at classroom launch
A young Hellesdon businessman spoke to budding entrepreneurs at the launch of a new high-tech classroom.
Kieran Miles, 21, managing director of Ultimate Impact Media in Norwich, was the special guest at Dereham's Neatherd High School today, which celebrated the new space to be used by IT diploma students, aged 14, 15 and 16.
After completing his GCSEs at Hellesdon High School Mr Miles studied a two-year diploma in business and retail at Norwich's City College.
He started-up Ultimate Impact Media when he was just 17 with his business partner Alex Pond.
Five years later, Mr Miles has been recognised as the one of the top 20 enterprising young people in Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the new classroom to the Dereham pupils, the 21-year-old said: 'This is very boardroom, Alan Sugar-esque...You have got this great opportunity - it is going to be amazing!'
The room was transformed from an old computer teaching room to a modern business space in just eight weeks over the summer holiday.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 6 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 7 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material
- 10 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear
Work cost about �33,000, provided by a Mid Norfolk Partnership grant, and improvements include 31 computers and four iPads.