Hellesdon entrepreneur inspires teenagers at classroom launch
A young Hellesdon businessman spoke to budding entrepreneurs at the launch of a new high-tech classroom.
Kieran Miles, 21, managing director of Ultimate Impact Media in Norwich, was the special guest at Dereham's Neatherd High School today, which celebrated the new space to be used by IT diploma students, aged 14, 15 and 16.
After completing his GCSEs at Hellesdon High School Mr Miles studied a two-year diploma in business and retail at Norwich's City College.
He started-up Ultimate Impact Media when he was just 17 with his business partner Alex Pond.
Five years later, Mr Miles has been recognised as the one of the top 20 enterprising young people in Britain.
Speaking about the new classroom to the Dereham pupils, the 21-year-old said: 'This is very boardroom, Alan Sugar-esque...You have got this great opportunity - it is going to be amazing!'
The room was transformed from an old computer teaching room to a modern business space in just eight weeks over the summer holiday.
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 5 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 6 Inconsiderate dog owners leave wheelchair-bound woman to clean up foul mess
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 Can you spot yourself at the Ball & Boe gig at Earlham Park?
- 9 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 10 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
Work cost about �33,000, provided by a Mid Norfolk Partnership grant, and improvements include 31 computers and four iPads.