TV star, author and Norwich City Football Club director Stephen Fry will be one of the guests of honour at Norwich City College's graduation ceremony at Norwich Cathedral later this month.
The other guest of honour at the annual event on October 23 will be the Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk, Richard Jewson.
Mr Fry and Mr Jewson will address the congregation and confer degrees and other higher education awards on around 300 graduands during the morning and afternoon ceremonies.
The ceremony, now in its 14th year at the cathedral, will see higher level qualifications awarded to students who have completed a wide range of vocational, academic and professional courses at the college.
These include masters degrees, honours degrees and foundation degrees, as well as qualifications from professional bodies in areas such as marketing and law. There will also be a special award for the College's higher education Student of the Year.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fry, a former student at the college in the 1970s, will be at the morning ceremony, from 11.15am to 12.15pm to confer awards on students from the school of lifelong learning, the centre for continuing professional development, the school of creative arts, the hotel school and the school of technology.
Richard Jewson will be at the afternoon ceremony, when students from the school of health, social care and early education and the school of business and computing will be graduating.
- 1 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 2 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 3 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 4 ‘We miss the hustle and bustle’ - Norwich shoppers long for lockdown end
- 5 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 6 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 7 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 8 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 9 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 10 Legal charity to move into part of disused city pub
Due to limited space, which is reserved for graduands, their guests and guests of the college, attendance at the ceremony is by invitation only.