Festive surprise for city schoolchildren
- Credit: Cecil Gowing Infant School
Father Christmas delighted schoolchildren after making a special visit in a vehicle with a difference.
He arrived at Cecil Gowing Infant School in Falcon Road West, Sprowston, on Friday, December 17, in a blue convertible car driven by an elf to give out presents to all the pupils.
Headteacher Isabel Stubbs said: "The children were so excited, as were the staff. They all sang loudly to ensure Santa arrived safely and he really was a very jolly chap."
The school and parent teacher association also held individual Christmas fairs for the six classes.
Mrs Stubbs added: "We continue to be creative, working within the Covid guidelines and although we understood that it was not going to be possible to hold a fair with everyone, that we could still offer something to the children.
"‘I think six Christmas fairs in one day could be a record for any school, but the smiles on their faces was worth every second."
- 1 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 4 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 5 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 6 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 7 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 8 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 9 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 10 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash