Costessey student to study performing arts in New York
A Norwich student has secured a place at a prestigious London performing arts school.
Chloe Cousins, 19, from Castleton Close, Chapel Break, has secured a place at the American Musical Theatre Academy (AMTA) in Shoreditch, London.
As part of the one year intensive course, the former Ormiston Victory Academy student will spend a week training in New York.
The course, which starts in September, teaches acting, singing and dancing.
For her audition, Chloe delivered two vocal performances and acted a scene from Educating Rita.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I can't wait to go to New York, I have always wanted to go to America. It's going to be amazing. I am really happy.
'I didn't realise but the person who auditioned me was the principal of the school. My audition was really relaxed and welcoming.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
Chloe received her A-levels last week and achieved two distinctions in her BTEC in performing arts and Cs in English literature and media.
She was invited for an audition after performing with West End stars from Incognitio Artists, who also teach at AMTA, at the Open venue in Norwich earlier this year.
She said: 'My teachers got speaking to them and said I was going to apply. The guys from Incognito said I should chat to them.
'They said I had qualities they could work with and my voice had good tones.'
Although her dream is to play the lead role on the West End stage, Chloe would also like to teach performing arts to youngsters.
Do you have an education story? Call Victoria Leggett on 01362 854703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org