Costessey student to study performing arts in New York
A Norwich student has secured a place at a prestigious London performing arts school.
Chloe Cousins, 19, from Castleton Close, Chapel Break, has secured a place at the American Musical Theatre Academy (AMTA) in Shoreditch, London.
As part of the one year intensive course, the former Ormiston Victory Academy student will spend a week training in New York.
The course, which starts in September, teaches acting, singing and dancing.
For her audition, Chloe delivered two vocal performances and acted a scene from Educating Rita.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I can't wait to go to New York, I have always wanted to go to America. It's going to be amazing. I am really happy.
'I didn't realise but the person who auditioned me was the principal of the school. My audition was really relaxed and welcoming.'
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 4 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 5 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 6 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
Chloe received her A-levels last week and achieved two distinctions in her BTEC in performing arts and Cs in English literature and media.
She was invited for an audition after performing with West End stars from Incognitio Artists, who also teach at AMTA, at the Open venue in Norwich earlier this year.
She said: 'My teachers got speaking to them and said I was going to apply. The guys from Incognito said I should chat to them.
'They said I had qualities they could work with and my voice had good tones.'
Although her dream is to play the lead role on the West End stage, Chloe would also like to teach performing arts to youngsters.
Do you have an education story? Call Victoria Leggett on 01362 854703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org