Costessey student to study performing arts in New York
A Norwich student has secured a place at a prestigious London performing arts school.
Chloe Cousins, 19, from Castleton Close, Chapel Break, has secured a place at the American Musical Theatre Academy (AMTA) in Shoreditch, London.
As part of the one year intensive course, the former Ormiston Victory Academy student will spend a week training in New York.
The course, which starts in September, teaches acting, singing and dancing.
For her audition, Chloe delivered two vocal performances and acted a scene from Educating Rita.
She said: 'I can't wait to go to New York, I have always wanted to go to America. It's going to be amazing. I am really happy.
'I didn't realise but the person who auditioned me was the principal of the school. My audition was really relaxed and welcoming.'
- 1 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 2 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 3 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 4 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 5 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 6 'She died alone': Plea to raise funds for Ruth who died before Christmas
- 7 Owner of 'thriving' cheesecake business now looking to open shop
- 8 'It drives my wife crazy' - See inside Norwich fan's footy mancave
- 9 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 10 Road plunged into darkness after street light not fixed for two months
Chloe received her A-levels last week and achieved two distinctions in her BTEC in performing arts and Cs in English literature and media.
She was invited for an audition after performing with West End stars from Incognitio Artists, who also teach at AMTA, at the Open venue in Norwich earlier this year.
She said: 'My teachers got speaking to them and said I was going to apply. The guys from Incognito said I should chat to them.
'They said I had qualities they could work with and my voice had good tones.'
Although her dream is to play the lead role on the West End stage, Chloe would also like to teach performing arts to youngsters.
Do you have an education story? Call Victoria Leggett on 01362 854703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org