College students create new website to boost region’s construction industry
- Credit: CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
Computing students received 'good life experience' after promoting the construction industry online.
Pupils from City College Norwich completed the challenge for the new Building Growth website for the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
The joint project will give the New Anglia LEP's Building Growth Sector Group an up-to-date site to champion the construction and built environment sector in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Students who took part were all on the college's Level 3 Information Technology and Computing course.
Brenden Carman, 17, from Diss, who was one of the pupils involved in the project, said: 'It's a good life experience. We know what to expect from clients now.'
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Sams, 21, from Wymondham, who also helped to create the website, said: 'It was nice to learn new things and have a brief that somebody wants you to do.'
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus