College students create new website to boost region’s construction industry
- Credit: CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
Computing students received 'good life experience' after promoting the construction industry online.
Pupils from City College Norwich completed the challenge for the new Building Growth website for the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
The joint project will give the New Anglia LEP's Building Growth Sector Group an up-to-date site to champion the construction and built environment sector in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Students who took part were all on the college's Level 3 Information Technology and Computing course.
Brenden Carman, 17, from Diss, who was one of the pupils involved in the project, said: 'It's a good life experience. We know what to expect from clients now.'
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Sams, 21, from Wymondham, who also helped to create the website, said: 'It was nice to learn new things and have a brief that somebody wants you to do.'
- 1 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 2 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 3 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 4 Date set for High Court showdown over £271m Anglia Square plans
- 5 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 6 Boost for outdoor drinking and dining when Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Family's horror after learning mother was buried in wrong grave
- 8 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 9 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 10 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more